Adolescent Health and Medicine
Adolescent Health and Medicine Group Meeting
A meeting of the Adolescent Health and Medicine Working Group took place during the EAP Spring Meeting in Sofia, in May. Among the main topics treated were:
– Presentation of the results of the European survey on training in adolescent medicine and health;
– Presentation of new Working Group projects and position paper drafts on:
– physical activity in the prevention of childhood obesity;
– impact of soft drinks consumption on children’s health;
– eating disorders;
– substance use screening, guidance for intervention and treatment.
The Working Group also discussed the potential need of adolescent medicine and health sub-specialisation in European countries, which needs to go beyond being paediatric initiative and have the support of adult health care doctors.