DG SANTE and EMA publish joint Action Plan on Medicines for Children in Europe
The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) announced the publication of a joint Action Plan on Medicines for Children in Europe.
With the goal of addressing challenges identified in the European Commission’s ten-year report on the implementation of the Paediatrics Legislation, the joint Action Plan will focus on five key items:
- Identification of paediatric needs;
- Stronger cooperation between decision-makers;
- Timely completion of paediatric investigation plans (PIPs);
- Improving the handling of PIPs;
- Greater transparency around paediatric medicines.
The full Action Plan can be read here.